Monday, December 16, 2013

Onto Levi Dude

As promised, I am now going to do a post about Levi!
Levi has been so fun to have in our family.  He just turned 5 months on Friday, which is absolutely unbelievable!  He's coming into his own more and more and we are so excited for the fun little boy he is turning out to be.  Here are some of his milestones:
-He can roll over by himself and likes it for about a minute.  Then he gets mad and we have to roll him back!
-He LOVES Ellie.  So much!  Anytime she is around him he just wants to stare at her and smile at her and coo at her.  He totally loves her!
-He loves to bounce, like all kids his age!  He gets the biggest smile when he bounces.  And with those cute little dimples, you can guess how much we LOVE to bounce him just to see that smile!
-He's starting to giggle more and more.  Last night Kenna was doing fishy lip kisses to him and he was giggling so hard.  It was so cute!
-He LOVES getting kisses.  Totally!  He will let me kiss his face for 15 minutes straight!  He just sits there and eats it up.
-He is my cuddle buddy.  Ellie wasn't much of a cuddler but Levi certainly is!  Especially after he eats, too.  He won't let me burp him.  He just squirms and worms his way down and puts his head on my chest and just snuggles right on up.  I cannot tell you how much I love it!
-He is soooo close to sitting up.  Just a few more weeks and he'll be strong enough!
-He wants real food soooooo bad!  It kills him to sit and watch us eat and not get any.  He is on cereal and baby food already, but he wants the good stuff and he wants it now!  The other day I went shopping with Carolyn to the mall and we had Taco Time for lunch.  I had Levi on my lap and he would follow my taco everywhere it went, from the table to my mouth and back.  He started hitting at it every time it went past his face to try and grab it.  One time he got it and knocked it right out of my hand!  I let him have a taste and man that wasn't enough!  He seriously would have eaten it if I had let him!
-He still is a rough sleeper.  If he gets a nap during the day he sleeps pretty good at night, but if it's a no-nap day or a cat-nap day then man, I can plan on not getting much sleep that night!
-He's still nursing!  Ellie was D-O-N-E by 5 months, completely.  Levi is still just content as can be, which means free milk for us!
-His stats at his 4-month appointment were:
             >Height: 26 1/2 in. (up 6 in. from birth)  -  95th percentile
             >Weight: 14 lbs 11 oz. (double his birth weight)  -  60th percentile
             >Head Circumference: 17.3 in.  -  90th percentile
-He is just as fun as can be.  His crying has subsided a lot which has been nice.  I finally feel like we have a little bit of a routine down, which is fabulous!
-He has a pretty good scowly face!  When he does it, it looks like he has a unibrow!
-He has found his voice and he loves to use it.  He will talk and talk and talk!  And growl.  That boy LOVES to growl.
 

We are so lucky and blessed to have Levi in our lives.  I am so thankful that we have a boy and a girl.  They are totally different, but similar at the same time.  Levi has brought so much love with him into our little family and we are so proud to call him ours.  And man is he cute! :)  We love you little Levi Dude!
 Don't mind the pink chair...we forgot to cover it with a boy blanket! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment