Monday, December 9, 2013

Davis County Citizen's Police Academy

Just like normal, here is another blog post that is way behind. I graduated from the Davis County Citizen's Police Academy at the end of October! This class was a great opportunity to learn more about our local law enforcement and what they do to protect us. Many people do not like police officers (except when they need help from the police). Most of the time it is because they did something illegal and got caught. While I have always supported police officers, I have gained a new perspective on what they do to protect each of us. They all go to work each day willing to give their own life to protect each of us. I am very grateful for the protection that they provide to our communities.

Here are a few pictures from our SWAT training and graduation.

 
 
SWAT TRAINING

 
 

This vehicle has been in the news a lot in 2013. While it is armored on the outside, there is nothing but a couple of benches to sit on inside it.


 
 
This is me coming out of the "hot house." It is a building that is designed so that you can shoot live ammunition inside for training purposes. The gun is a fully automatic UMP-40 machine gun.

 
I got to use the "key" to open the door! What you can't see is my team standing just outside of the picture ready to make entry into the hot house once I have the door open. I knocked down the door and then jumped on the back of the team as they ran in past me. There were live suspects inside the house but we were using airsoft guns so no one would get hurt. The AR-15 hanging on my shoulder is an airsoft gun that is built to look and feel like a real AR-15.

 
 
 
GRADUATION

Davis County Sheriff, Woods Cross Chief, Clint, Bountiful Asst Chief, Woods Cross Asst Chief

 

Clint and Davis County Sheriff Todd Richardson
 


 
 
 
Any who lives or owns a business in Davis County can participate in the Davis County Citizen's Police Academy (You do have to pass a background check). If you are interested in taking the course let me know. I will get you connected with the right people.

No comments:

Post a Comment